Flooring is one of the most essential pieces of any home. Not only does it play a significant role in the aesthetic appeal, but it also needs to be durable enough to withstand foot traffic, spills & other wear & tear. Wood is always a popular option when choosing the right flooring options for your home because of its classic look. However, wood flooring can be prone to scratches & other damage if not correctly cared for.
In this article, we’ll give you tips on making your wood flooring last longer.
1. Sweep & Vacuum
One of the best ways to make wood flooring last longer is to sweep it regularly. Sweeping removes dirt, dust & other debris that can damage the floor. It also helps to prevent scratches & other damage from the furniture.
Sweeping should be done at least once a week, but more often if possible. A soft-bristled broom or dust mop is best for sweeping wood floors. Be sure to sweep the grain direction to avoid damaging the floor.
In addition to sweeping, wood floors should also be vacuumed regularly. Vacuuming helps remove tiny particles that can scratch the floor’s surface. Vacuum cleaners with soft brushes are best for wood floors. Be sure to vacuum in the grain direction to avoid damaging the floor.
2. Use Doormats & Rugs
Doormats & rugs are another great way to protect your wood floors from dirt & debris. Place them at all entrances to your home to help keep your floors clean. Vacuum or sweep your floors regularly to remove dirt & dust. Use a soft brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner to avoid scratching the floor.
Additional Precautions:- Place furniture pads under all legs of furniture to prevent scratches. You can also use area rugs in high-traffic areas to protect your floors from wear & tear. When spills happen, be sure to wipe them up immediately. Use a damp cloth for wet spillsto remove stickiness and stains.
Finally, have your floors professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months to keep them looking their best.
3. Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When cleaning your wood floors, it’s important to avoid harsh chemicals. These can damage the finish on your floors & make them more susceptible to scratches & other wear & tear. Instead, opt for gentle cleaners that won’t strip the finish from your floors.
In addition, you should avoid walking on your floors with high heels or other sharp objects. These can create dents & scratches on the surface of your floors. If you must wear high heels, walk carefully & avoid dragging your feet across the floor.
To ensure that your wood flooring lasts as long as possible, it is essential to take proper care of it. By following these tips & with a little effort, you can keep your wood floors looking new for many years.
Wood flooring is a popular choice for many homeowners because of its natural beauty & durability. With options such as wide plank, engineered hardwood floors, and solid hardwood floors, it is important to know how to care for them.
There are many types of hardwood flooring and wood species – engineered wood floors, white oak, bamboo floors, red oak, and more. Even the wood grain and grain pattern should be taken into consideration if you want your wood floors tonlast longer.
At Supreme Hardwood Floors, we want to make sure you get the most out of your wood flooring investment, so we’ve put together three tips to help keep your floors looking beautiful for years to come.
Contact or visit us today if you’re ready to invest in beautiful wood flooring that will last for years!
Why Is Supreme Hardwood Floors The Supreme Choice For Wood Flooring?
We at Supreme Hardwood Floors are passionate about delivering quality products & services that exceed our customers’ expectations. From start to finish, we’ll work with you every step to ensure your complete satisfaction with your new solid hardwood floors.
Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is The Best Type Of Wood Flooring For My Home?
There are many types of wood flooring on the market, each with unique benefits. Some of the most popular types of wood flooring include:
- Engineered Wood Floors: Engineered wood floors are made from multiple layers of wood & are a great choice for homeowners who want the look & feel of real hardwood floors but don’t want the hassle of dealing with unstable boards.
- Solid Hardwood Floors: Solid hardwood floors are made from a single piece of wood & are a great choice for homeowners who want the look & feel of real hardwood floors & don’t mind the extra maintenance.
- Bamboo Floors: Bamboo floors are made from bamboo, a sustainable resource, & are a great choice for homeowners who want the look & feel of real hardwood floors but don’t want to spend a lot of money.
2. How Can I Protect My Wood Floors From Wear & Tear?
You can do a few things to help protect your wood floors from wear & tear.
- One of the most important is to avoid walking on them with high heels or other sharp objects. These can create dents & scratches on the surface of your floors. If you must wear high heels, walk carefully & avoid dragging your feet across the floor.
- In addition, you should avoid using harsh chemicals when cleaning your wood floors. These can damage the finish on your floors & make them more susceptible to scratches & other wear & tear. Instead, opt for gentle cleaners that won’t strip the finish from your floors.
- Finally, have your floors professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months to keep them looking their best.
3. Which One Is Better, Hardwood Or Laminate?
This is a difficult question to answer as it depends on your personal preferences. Hardwood floors are made from real wood & can last many years if properly maintained. Laminate floors are made from a synthetic material & are less expensive than hardwood floors.
If you are looking for a floor that looks like wood but is less expensive, laminate may be the right choice for you. However, hardwood may be the better choice if you are looking for a floor that will last for many years & is easy to maintain.
4. Is Wooden Flooring Expensive?
Wooden flooring can be expensive, but it is a great investment that will last many years. Wood floors are durable & beautiful, & they can add value to your home.
Moreover, if you take care of the flooring nicely, you can walk on that floor for a lifetime.
5. How Often Should I Have My Wood Floors Professionally Cleaned?
Wood floors should be professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months to keep them looking their best. This will help remove dirt, dust, & stains that can damage the finish on your floors.