CHECK OUT OUR WOOD STAIRCASE INSTALLATION
WOOD STAIRS INSTALLATION IN AUSTIN TEXAS
Are you ready to make the decision and undergo a Wood staircase installation? When wood is used as the material for the treads & risers of the stairs and the handrails it can warm up any home.
The professionals at Supreme Hardwood Floors can install a new staircase using prefabricated stair parts or can construct it from scratch on-site. We are experts in all types of wood and are able to install stairs in residential homes, commercial buildings and industrial complexes across Texas.
Types Of Wood Stairs
There are many options for the type of wood that can be used. The most popular types of wood stairs are:
- Pine Stairs – Pine is a relatively affordable option and it is easy to work with. However, pine is not very durable and it may not be the best option for high-traffic areas.
- Oak Stairs – Oak comes with a higher price, but it is more durable than pine. It is also simpler to refinish if necessary.
- Maple Stairs – Maple is another durable option and it has an appealing grain pattern. However, it’s price tag is more expensive than oak.
- Teak Stairs – Teak is the most durable of all the available wood options, but the price point is the highest.
Choosing The Right Type Of Wood For Your Stairs
One of the biggest considerations to make when installing a new staircase is what type of wood to use. There are a few factors to think about when making this decision:
- The climate: Humidity, and cold weather can affect your wood stairs. Humidity causes wood to swell and absorb humidity, where cold weather will cause your wood to slightly shrink. If you are planning to get stairs installed for your outside patio or any outside area it is best to make sure that your stairs are protected, and sealed.
- The environment: If your home is near the ocean, you’ll need to make sure that the wood is treated in order to withstand any rotting from moisture and salt in the air. A great option would be walnut since it is resistant to moisture.
- The traffic: If your home sees a lot of traffic, you’ll need a tougher type of wood such as teak or maple
Once you’ve considered these factors, you can start shopping for the right type of wood for your stairs. If you are unsure which type of wood you need to install for your stairs, don’t worry. Call our team at (512) 288-5545. Supreme Hardwood Floors will always be there to help you with any questions you have. Come into our showroom to see and feel all the wood flooring options that we recommend most.
Supreme Hardwood Floors – The Best Wood Staircase Installer In Texas
Installing a new staircase is a big job. It’s not something that most people are comfortable doing on their own, which is why it’s important to hire professional help. When you work with Supreme Hardwood Floors, you can rest assured in knowing that your new wood staircase will be installed correctly and will be safe for your family to use.
We have years of experience installing staircases in residential and commercial settings. We can ensure a smooth and painless installation process. Contact us today for a free consultation at (512) 288-5545